3 bean chicken soup for a cozy fall dinner idea
Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.
As temperatures are starting to drop, it’s the perfect time for soup.
Once you’ve made the dish, it can be stored in the freezer for up to three months, Morgan says.
"Three Bean Chicken Soup gets the party started with great flavor and soothing comfort," Morgan writes on her blog. "It's a healthy soup for cold, winter nights and chilly days at home."
As temperatures are starting to drop, it’s the perfect time to try this "Three Bean Chicken Soup" recipe from food blog Quiche My Grits. (Courtesy of Quiche My Grits)
1 medium onion, diced
3 sweet peppers, diced
1 tablespoon. butter or olive oil
1 cup diced chicken
1 (32 oz) carton chicken broth
1 (15 oz) can black beans
1 (15 oz) can chili beans
1 (15 oz) can white beans
1 (15 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes, diced
1 (15 oz) can creamed corn
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon garlic powder
pepper to taste
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Sour cream, cheese, cilantro and tortilla chips to garnish (optional)
1. In a large Dutch oven or stock pot, sauté onion and diced peppers in butter or olive oil for several minutes over medium heat.
2. Add chicken, then continue to stir until browned.
3. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add canned beans (undrained), tomatoes and corn. Stir well.
5. Season with cumin, turmeric, garlic powder and pepper.
6. Add chopped fresh cilantro and mix all ingredients together.
7. Simmer soup for 20 minutes on low heat.
8. Ladle soup into bowls and top with sour cream, cheese and tortilla strips if desired.